Friday 19 October 2012

From PC despair to PC joy!

Poor blog! It has been a trifle neglected of late. Partly this is because my desktop PC died and there was much to do to transfer files and here I must send heartfelt thanks to LJ Computers Ltd for rescuing my hard disc.

Apparently my motherboard was 'sizzling' when Jon (the J of LJ Computers) turned it on so then it was a case of file rescue from the hard disc. Easy when you know how - or know someone who does! LJ Computers are local to me here but they are like an online IT department, supporting everything from software, to hardware, websites and IT training. And they know how to rescue a gal in PC trouble!

They advised on shiny new hardware for me too and I now have an HP PC with Windows 7. This was a big jump from Windows XP and it's LOVELY.

Apart from going from PC despair to PC joy I've been sewing, sewing and sewing for a craft fair I'm taking part in (and for Christmas presents too).



The craft fair is on November 10th, 10am to 4pm, at Clarbeston Road hall and Lins (coincidentally the L of LJ Computers) is rounding up lots of talented craftspeople from Pembrokeshire to sell their wares and raise funds for St Meilyr's Church in Llysyfran. This is perfect timing for Christmas shopping and if you're in the area on that day I urge you to come along, have a mince pie and BUY LOCAL FOR CHRISTMAS!

Magatha Bagatha (aka me) will have cushions, cafetiere covers, lavender bags and covered journals (so far!), R8 is bringing along some of her embroidery and H10 and her friend G11 will be selling homemade dog biscuits to raise money for the Dog's Trust. for the full list of exhibitors see the website HERE.

UPDATE: Find LJ Computers on Facebook HERE. They are a friendly and approachable family-run company  and provide hosting and website design alongside quality IT advice, support and delivery. Their websites are: www.ljcltd.co.uk and www.ljcltd-webhosting.co.uk.

4 comments:

  1. Well, what can I say, thank you sounds a bit lame. But thank you from Jon and I.

    I can't wait for the fair. I've been saving my pennies so that I can spend locally. It's going to be a treat of a day to see everybody's wonderful hand crafted items. Yours will be so beautiful - I've already mentally ticked off what I'll be buying (lucky relatives).

    PS. I've always thought the LJ stood for Lindsay Jane ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... And there's me assuming Jon was the J! ;) Easy mistake to make!

      Delete
  2. I remember reading about the craft fair Lins organised last year. I'm sure this year will be as successful and more. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you have been having fun: new computer, and busy making good things. Well done, all round, with a little help from Joh and Lins.

    ReplyDelete

I am sorry to have to add word verification thing again but I keep getting spammed.