I've been meaning to take part in Tara Cain's Gallery over at Sticky Fingers for ages. This week I finally got my act together. The theme is red, meaning Halloween which isn't really my thing, or just red, which is.
Clockwise from top left they are:
- Me in my running vest at last Sunday's Cardiff Half Marathon.
- The doors to the lambing shed and the old dairy.
- My back door. We have a new door with a stained glass rose panel waiting to go on. One day.
- One of my blueberry bushes. Lovely fruit in the summer and gorgeous autumn foliage. They need acidic soil to grow which is why they do so well here in the Preseli hills.
- The old churn shed. Nature is taking over here now but this a a relic of agricultural history. This hasn't been a dairy farm since the early 1980s. A stream runs through the bottom of this shed and after the cows had been milked the churns of milk would be placed in the running water to cool them before they were taken to the bottom of the drive to be collected by the lorry.
- Hawthorn berries. We have a bumper crop on this tree in my garden this year.