Thursday 23 April 2009

What do you suppose...

...happened to this little chap's tail?



He just came looping up the drive (I love the way squirrels run) with his sibling and I noticed a gap in his tail. His brother/sister was fully tailed, but this one almost looks as if he's been shaved.

I'm not really sure what I am supposed to think of grey squirrels. In Britain they outnumber the native reds by 66-1. We don't have red squirrels on the Preselis any more; the nearest ones live in the forests of mid-Wales near Llyn Brianne. So in lieu of reds, I'll carry on seeing these greys as cute (even if they do eat all the nuts!)

5 comments:

  1. Very cute Mags. I can hear that music - the one used for Mission Impossible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It hasn't been hen-pecked too, has it?? (Just caught up with your previous post!) It's getting a bit dangerous in them thar hills isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I like grey squirrels too, they are definitely cute. I used to see a similar one with practically a bald tail, and another with vitually no tail at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has he been to the Poodle Parlour?
    I love them too, that lollopy run, the way they hide in the hedge with their ridiculous tails sticking out... bless.
    I would rather have red, with their sweet tufty ears, but in their absence I do rather welcome the sight of a grey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I am sorry to have to add word verification thing again but I keep getting spammed.